Overcoming Life’s Challenges
It seems like life and business does not happen without it’s challenges.
Just when you think things are going smooth, the figurative rug can seemingly be pulled out from under you and you may find yourself asking what the —- just happened?!!
In my experience, life and business can be like that. We may find ourself in our ‘comfort zone’ and not realize it’s hindering our progress.
You may become unsatisfied with where you’re at in your life realizing that you were hoping to be in a much better place at the age you’re at presently.
So you decide to set goals that challenge you to step out of your comfort zone, force you to grow, and stretch your current mindset to create a better life/lifestyle for you and your family.
So let’s say you take action by taking 20 minutes or so every day to relax and visualize you having your goals already accomplished. (This is a great action step by the way to accelerating the goal creation process.)
Next thing you realize, something happens that seems to turn your world upside down.
This personally happened for my wife and me a few years back when we were served an eviction notice Dec 24th from our landlady when we had done nothing wrong.
What we did do was request that she respect quiet time between 11pm – 7am (as the law states.) She said she wouldn’t and then illegally posted an eviction notice on our door the next day.
It seemed so unfair to us at the time, yet now I realize what a blessing it is to move from this house. We haven’t realized what a toxic environment it was for us emotionally as well as physically due to toxic black mold behind the walls in the suite.
We searched high and low for a new place to live to no avail. It seemed like we simply could not find a place to live that had the criteria we were looking for. We knew it was out there somewhere, yet we couldn’t seem to find it.
We were at the point of giving up and throwing in the towel. Then we went to see our mind/body practitioner who did some balancing work on us and we went home feeling exceptionally better than we had for the previous 2 weeks.
When we got home, we decided to pray together asking that God provide us exactly what we needed in a home. After that my wife recalled a place that was available my sister had mentioned to her a while back.
We decided to look into it and went to view it. When we arrived and walked through, it felt like home to us. We could see ourselves living there for the next couple years or so. It had all the criteria we were looking for in a home. We were amazed at how fast it showed up for us once we had figuratively ‘thrown in the towel’ and given up in finding a place that would work for us.
Through this situation I have had many realizations and take aways that I would like to share here. Hopefully something from our situation can help you in whatever challenge you might be going through.
- If you think there is no way out of a situation, it will be harder to create one.
- Putting in tons of effort without first getting clear, is a waste of energy.
- A perceived “negative” situation is really just one side of the coin.
- Learning to have faith that things will turn out for the good/best is a faster way to achieve your goals and create the life of your dreams.
- Visualizing your goals and dreams (in a meditative, relaxed state) will rapidly move you toward them! (may cause some discomfort if it’s outside your comfort zone.)
- Learn to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. (This is the path to creating positive change in your life.)
- Be intentional about what you desire to be, do, have in your life and business.
- Prayer is a powerful creation process to seeing the answers to your questions.
- Sometimes your greatest challenge/difficulty can be a blessing in disguise.
I hope this post supports you in whatever challenges you may be experiencing at this time in your life. If you found this helpful in any way, please share with friends/family.
William R King